FJÄLLRÄVEN RETAIL USA
Last Updated: October 2022.
This privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of personal information Fjällräven Retail USA LLC (“Fjällräven,” “we,” or “us”) may collect from you when you access and use the Fjällräven family of websites, mobile sites, services, applications, tools, and platforms (collectively, “Site(s)”) where this Privacy Notice is posted or linked, including https://www.fjallraven.com/us/ and https://www.hanwag.com/.
SECTION 1 - WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
Directly from You
We may collect personal information about you from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Sites, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order products;
- From our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
Additionally, we work with our service providers, including Adyen, to provide payment processing services for online purchases, so while this information may be collected when making an online purchase, it is not retained by Fjällräven.
Indirectly through our Sites
When you use the Sites, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as through cookies. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Sites (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Sites (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Sites (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
SECTION 2 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Sites, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Sites;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Sites and transactions conducted using the Sites;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Additionally, we may combine the information we collect with information we receive from our parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies, business partners, and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you, for promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes, unless you have opted out;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fjällräven, users of our Sites and/or stores, or others; and
- With your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We use various third-party service providers to assist us in maintaining and providing our Sites, stores, and services. For example, our store is hosted on Episerver, and they provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. In most cases, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the USA PATRIOT Act.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
When you click on certain links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. Once you leave our store’s Site or are redirected to a third-party website or application, your use of the third-party website or application will be governed by the Privacy Notice and Terms of Service of the third-party website or application.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you use the Sites, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and related technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Sites.
We use third parties to improve our ability to identify visitors to our Site. As part of this service, we may make available identifiers to these third parties including our visitors’ IP addresses, cookies, and hashed versions of email addresses captured from your visit. We, and third parties, use this data to obtain more information about our visitors and reach out to them through other channels, such as email and/or direct mail. You have the right to opt-out of this activity. To opt-out, please follow the instructions in Section 10.
SECTION 8 - CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Sites are not directed to, and Fjällräven does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please let us know using the information set forth in Section 11 below.
SECTION 9 - HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time, the Sites do not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information, and the Sites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
SECTION 10 - YOUR CHOICES
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly stating your opt-out request.
SECTION 11 - STATE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
If you are a resident of certain states, including California and Virginia, you may have rights to the disclosure of additional information from us as well as additional data rights. To see any additional notices that may be applicable to you, please click here for California and here for Virginia.
SECTION 12 - CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances (e.g., by a notice on our site or by sending you an email). We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check for any updates or changes.
If we are acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 13 - QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
1795 Dogwood St.
Louisville, CO 80027
Machine Readable Files
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.