FJÄLLRÄVEN RETAIL CA
Last Updated: September 2023
Fjällräven Retail CA LLC (“Fjällräven,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you; who we may collect it from; our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information when you access and use the Fjällräven website, services, applications, tools, and platforms (collectively, “Site”) where this Privacy Notice is posted or linked, including https://www.fjallraven.com/ca/or in connection with the services available on the Site (Site and services collectively, the “Offerings”). Any defined term used in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, your choice is not to use our Site and/or Offerings. By accessing or using the Site and/or Offerings, you agree to this Privacy Notice and consent to the collection and processing of your information as described in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site and/or Offerings after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates. Please see Changes to our Privacy Notice to learn more.
Use the links below to toggle to each section.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- on this Site;
- when accessing or using the Site or the Offerings;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- information we collect offline; or
- our affiliates or subsidiaries.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- a third-party, including any third party that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or the Offerings. If you would like more information, please go to Third Party Links to learn more.
The information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- information by which you may be personally identified such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number or any other information which could be associated with or used to identify you (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not specifically identify you;
- login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers;
- payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address; and
- information regarding clothing preferences, records of products purchased or considered purchasing.
In order to complete a transaction, you may be required to provide information such as the type of card, card number, expiration date, security code, and billing address. When you provide such information, it is processed directly by a third-party payment processor. Additionally, while this information may be collected when making an online purchase, it is not retained by Fjällräven.
Directly from You.
The information we collect on or through the Site or Offerings may include:
- directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you register for an account or order products;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site or Offerings, including information provided at the time of subscribing to our email communication service or requesting further services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, including when you report a problem with our Site or Offerings;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; or
- when you request further information or Offerings.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
When you use the Site, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as through cookies and related technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site or Offerings, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- information on actions taken when using the Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we automatically collect is statistical data that helps us improve our Site and/or Offerings and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site or Offerings according to your individual interests; or
- recognize you when you return to our Site or Offerings.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Site, and provide you with products and services you request;
- send you information or materials you request;
- maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions on the Site;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Site and transactions conducted using the Site;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- enforce our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; and
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Additionally, we may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive from our parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies, business partners, and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you, for promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We may disclose personal information about you:
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes, unless you have opted out;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fjällräven, users of our Site and/or stores, or others; or
- with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of or in anticipation of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets in which the information held by Fjällräven or our affiliates is among the assets transferred.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction.
We use various third-party service providers to assist us in maintaining and providing our Site, Offerings, stores, and services. For example, our store is hosted on Episerver, and they provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. In most cases, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
In particular, please note that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your personal information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the USA PATRIOT Act.
When you click on certain links on our Site or Offerings, they may direct you away from us. Once you leave our Site or are redirected to a third-party website or application, your use of the third-party website or application will be governed by the privacy notice or terms of service of the third-party website or application. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of the third-party website or applications, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site and/or Offerings, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted from the Site and/or Offerings. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site and/or Offerings.
We use third parties to improve our ability to identify visitors to our Site or Offerings. As part of this service, we may make available identifiers to these third parties including our visitors’ IP addresses, cookies, and hashed versions of email addresses captured from your visit. We, and third parties, use this data to obtain more information about our visitors and reach out to them through other channels, such as email and/or direct mail. You have the right to opt-out of this activity. To opt out, please follow the instructions in Section 11.
The Site and Offerings are not directed at or intended for children under 13 years of age, and Fjällräven does not knowingly collect or solicit information from, children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please let us know using the contact information at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different website or online services. At this time, the Site does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information, and the Site may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
If you do not want us to share your information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by emailing [firstname.lastname@example.org] and clearly stating your opt-out request.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the Site. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances (e.g., by a notice on our Site or by sending you an email). We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check for any updates or changes.
If we are acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to offer or market the Offerings to you.
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email@example.com] or by sending a letter to:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
1795 Dogwood St.
Louisville, CO 80027